Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Anthropology Acidemic Posters

The art of delegation (and what it has to do with networks) networks

There were times when I imagined that I have a master of delegation is to:
". Darling, if you go to the basement you bring me a juice?"
"Do not hesitate to complete the agenda this afternoon."
Not for nothing had been my mother complained to childhood: "You're lazy as sin!"

In general, came to my requests and wishes for happy and I ... still no progress.
Did the empty juice bottle - along with the other empty and the laundry - in the cellar bring. Did the agenda
correct, because some points in my opinion, still missing.
Finally, I am indeed a lazy, but a conscientious man.

What was the end of it?
I'm honest, I was completely exhausted at some point my position as project manager discarded. I could not anymore. The delegation had made me ready.

gasping again when I could, I sat back and took the time to look, as others do. Since much of my view of our network master who blithely jumped from A to B, to drink coffee and gnats. And yet so nothing of the completed, what was his work.
"how the do it?"

Since I received an email after a meeting. Our team leader had us assigned tasks. Me he had intended to prepare the presentation for next time. With the help of his deputy - who would then present too - I would swing the thing well, "he wrote. And suddenly I remembered the scales from your eyes, what could have been my mistake to delegate. I had not focused on the added value:
  • Our network master is not the less important bits and pieces on.
  • It distributes the important work and to bring them back in time again.
  • sufficient time to enable it to make a quick change and you can impress at the last moment his name stamp .

A clever insight?
What do you mean? And if, as I put them into action only?
Ever since this realization, I realize that nothing is more difficult than skillful delegation .

0 comments:

Post a Comment